Pages

Friday, 4 May 2012

Newsletter Reflection for Sunday 6 May, 2012: Counting My Blessings



Good morning,

As I write this, it’s my birthday, and I’m reflecting a bit on my life.  I’ve realised I have very much to be thankful for.

I may not be wealthy by Australian standards – but I always have enough to eat, and I have a home, and even my own transport. That makes me wealthier than a huge proportion of the world’s population.

I’m sick – but I’m sick in a country where the government subsidises medical care and medicines.  I’m much better off than many lupus patients even in the USA.

Even when we were in severe drought – I always had access to all the clean drinking water I could possibly need.

I’ve been reminded by the stream of birthday greetings on facebook and by text message that I have a lot of friends. I have wonderful kids, and an amazing church family.
                                                                                                                                
I’m able to write this because I have the benefit of an education, and the computer I’m writing with.

I may not be a Clive Palmer or a Gina Reinhart, but in real terms, I am one of the wealthiest people in the world.  God has given me all that I need.

I wonder if you might take some time this week and consider what amazing things God has given you too?

Grace and Peace
Iris.

No comments:

Post a Comment