Pages

Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Newsletter Reflection for 20 November 2011: What can we do?


Newsletter Reflection for Sunday 20 November 2011.

Good morning,

As most of you know I do a blog about lupus. At the moment, I'm taking part in “Health Blogging Month” - a challenge where I'm given a topic to write on every day for a month.

One of the topics that I've been asked to think about is a “little red engine” blog – to write ten to fifteen things starting with “I think I can....”, and then write five that begin with “I know I can.....”

Of course, in the blogging challenge, this relates to living with lupus. But I wonder what a list like that would look like if it was done for our church? When we look around on Sunday morning and see the people sitting beside us. When we are together as Christ's body – and when we go out separately to do our daily activities – what do we think we can do? What do we know we can do? When we realise that we are never alone, but that the Spirit of God works along with us, what do we know we can do?

Today is Christ the King, or Reign of Christ Sunday in the church calendar – the last day of the church year. ( We begin again next Sunday with the first day of Advent.) Today we recall that Jesus is king, and that he will come again to judge the living and the dead. And we recall those things he has told us about judgment: that “whatever you do to the least of these, you do to me.” What can we do? When even the things that seem small to us, can turn out to be a lot – then even a small congregation like ours can surely do incredible things!

Grace and peace
Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment