Pages

Friday, 2 September 2011

A Daily Prayer

I wrote this prayer in 2004 (which was a particularly difficult year for me). It's been my daily prayer since then, and I'd like to share it with you.


God,
Today, help me to love you
in my thoughts, in my words, and in all that I do.
Help me to see in each person I meet
something of what makes them so precious,
that you would give Jesus for them.
And help me to see in myself
something of what makes me so precious,
that you would give Jesus for me.

Give me eyes to see your hand at work,
and a will to follow your lead.
Give me ears to hear your Spirit speak,
and a voice to tell what I hear.
Give me a heart that feels your love hold me secure,
and the courage to rely on that love.

In Jesus' name. Amen.


2 comments:

  1. thank you Iris. x Sharon Willis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete